DAY 1 / ISTANBUL
Specıal category (4-star hotel)
Guests are met by a Peten tour manager at the Atatürk International Airport who will help with your airport transfer and hotel check-in. That evening will be spent meeting your fellow travelers along with your local guide and Peter Knox while enjoying a drink and sit down dinner. (D)
DAY 2 / ISTANBUL
Specıal category hotel
After enjoying a traditional Turkish breakfast we take our comfortable, air-conditioned Mercedes vehicle to the Asiatic Istanbul, crossing over the Bosphorous. We first visit the Selimiye Barracks
used as a hospital during the war and a short drive to the British Cemetery
and Florence Nightingale Monument
. Return to the old Pera and Galata districts for good lunch and visit the Crimean Church
- the plot was donated by Sultan Abdulmecid to the British for a church in commemoration of the Crimean War. A private tour to the Pera House & British Embassy
built in 1850 by Sir Charles Barry and W.J.Smith to replace the first damaged building after the fire of 1831. (B)
DAY 3 / ISTANBUL
Specıal category hotel
This morning we visit the Palace of Dolmabahce
built by Abdulmecid between 1843-1856, is the third largest Ottoman Palace in Istanbul. It embodies, in its very form the social and cultural structure of the period, of which it is stylistically typical. After lunch we embark our private boat
and cruise from the Upper to the Lower Bosphorous, view the Büyükdere
(Big Brook) from the boat- Its economic and social activities increased as a result of the large number of French, British and Italian soldiers who came to Istanbul during the Crimean war of 1853-1856 and settled in the Bosphorous area, and particularly in Büyükdere, remaining there until the end of the war. The British Crimean Fleet was at Büyükdere. We disembark at Kabataş (Lower Bosphorous). We drive to the old city to explore the unknown corners of the historical Grand Bazaar
. (B, L)
DAY 4 / FLY TO KARS
Specıal category hotel (4-star)
After breakfast we cross the Golden Horn to visit the famous Spice Market
(Egyptian Bazaar) before we go ahead to the airport. We take the only direct flight TK2714 (Departure time: 14:05 Arrival time: 16:05) to Kars. Our driver and local guide greet us at the Kars Airport and transfer to our hotel for a 3 night stay. In the late afternoon we drive up to the Kars Castle
and view the old city. (B, D)
DAY 5 / KARS
Specıal category hotelThe Siege of Kars, 1855
Enjoy the traditional Kars breakfast (honey, yogurt, gravyer cheese…). A short and rough drive to Arap
Tabias connected with the siege including General Williams’ HQ as the story unfolds. We visit the Kars Museum
and explore Kars on foot to admire the Baltic architecture from the Russian period. (B)
DAY 6 / KARS
Specıal category hotel
This morning we drive east to follow the rough ground towards the Başgedikler
village before we visit the ruined medieval Armenian city of Ani
, once the ‘city of 1001 churches’ and walk along the Araxes River
, bordering Turkey and Armenia. After a long day we get ready for the farewell dinner at the best local restaurant of Kars. (B & Farewell Dinner)
DAY 7 / FLY TO ISTANBUL
Specıal category (4-star) hotel ın the old cıtyBritish Redoubts from the Crimean War in the East and West Cakmak Military Barracks
This morning we check out. We walk along the gorge of Kars Chai and visit the British redoubts; Zohrap, Churchill, Teesdale, Thompson
and William Pasha
, which are in the Çakmak, barrack (military territory). Continue to Yüksek Tabya
and Vasıf Pasha
. We take the late afternoon flight TK2715 (Departure 16:55 Arrival time: 19:10) back to Istanbul. Check into our hotel. (B)
DAY 8 / FLY BACK HOME
Transferred to Ataturk International Airport (Group or individual airport transfers) (B)ACTIVITY LEVEL:
The itinerary involves quite a lot of walking at the various sites, including some steep ascents. Good footwear therefore is essential. Thus it must be stated that this tour may not be suitable for passengers who require assistance or who have difficulty with mobility.
TOUR DATE 2018
Monday, September 3rd - Monday, September 10th
TOUR PRICE€2650 Euro
per person based on double occupancy (twin /double bed)€420 Euro
single room supplement
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THIS PRICE?
- Specialist leadership & registered local Turkish guide.
- All hotel accommodations and all meals as indicated in the itinerary (B=Breakfast, D=Dinner).
- Domestic flights from Istanbul to Kars and Kars to Istanbul and airport taxes.
- All ground transportation by a private , a/c Minivan
- Bottled water during the land transportation
- Welcome & Farewell dinner with limited local beverages.
- Lower & Upper Bosphorous cruise by private boat ( 3 hours)
- All admission fees to the sites in the itinerary
- Gratuities at the hotels and restaurants in the itinerary.
- All luggage handlings at the hotels & domestic airports when it is available
- All arrival and departure airport transfers
- A meticulously prepared tour folder, with maps and information, designed to provide detailed and useful knowledge about the tour sites.
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED?
- International outbound & return flight
- Visa fee.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone bills, room service...
- Meals are not in itinerary
- Insurance of any kind. Travel insurance is recommended.
- Discretionary gratuities to your guide and driver.