“CULTURE IS THE HIGHEST EXPRESSION OF WHAT IT MEANS TO BE HUMAN.”
Peten Travels supports cultural preservation. We believe that while our tours provide our customers with wonderful holidays, they also educate. We believe it is vital to increase awareness for the need to protect and restore all archaeological sites while honoring the natural and cultural environment of Turkey. This is why we donate to many archaeological excavations and non-profit historical educational institutions. Peten Travels always supports and respects the local customs, natural habitats and economies of each area visited while fostering genuine ties within each community. On the home front all of our brochures are made from recycled paper while paper waste is kept to a minimum.
Below is a list of organizations and excavations that have received donations from Peten Travels.
- Excavation of the Aegean city of Assos (Temple of Athena) in Çanakkale
- Ephesus - www.oeai.at
- Kerkenez - www.kerkenes.metu.edu.tr
- Catalhoyuk - www.catalhoyuk.com
- Hattusa - www.hattuscha.de
- Abraham Path Initiative - www.abrahampath.org
- The Archaeology Channel-underwriter - www.archaeologychannel.org
- The Institute of Nautical Archaeology - http://email@example.com/ (donations made by Peten customers in Peten Travels’ name)
- Aşıklı Höyük http://www.asiklihoyuk.org/
- Kaman-Kalehöyük http://www.jiaa-kaman.org/
- Kanesh-Kültepe http://www.kultepe.org.tr/